Dermatology department of PIMS, Pondicherry is a full-fledged speciality with adequate staff available for teaching and training of MBBS students, and for care of patients suffering from Skin Diseases, Sexually Transmitted Diseases and Leprosy.
- Skin scraping and KOH mount for fungus, in Skin OPD Laboratory.
- Smear examination for lepra bacilli
- Chemical cautery for warts and skin tags
- Electrocautery for warts `
- Cryosurgery, with liquid nitrogen for warts
- Skin biopsy for certain diagnostic problems
Equipments available are Monocular and binocular microscope, Wood's light for ultra-violet light diagnosis.