Current research work
- Immediate outcome of Very Low Birth Weight
infants in a tertiary care NICU.
In Process. Dr Poornima
- Study on Clinical Outcome of Scrub Typhus in children. In process. Dr.RashmiKullu
- To study the Clinical profile of children presenting with Dengue fever in a tertiary care center, Puducherry. In process. Dr.NishanthRajan, Dr. Priya Jose
- Is Head to Chest circumference ratio a better detector of macrosomia in Infant of Diabetic Mother?Completed. Dr Priya Jose.
- Efficacy of blood pressure/height ratio in screening for hypertension in children aged 10-16 years. Completed. Dr Jomol Sarah John
- A study of late preterm morbidities. Completed. Dr Poornima Kumar.
- Perinatal factors affecting cord TSH. Completed. Dr Manasi Garg
- Different Race- Different Normogram!! It’s time for change. Completed. Dr.NishanthRajan.
- Efficacy of transcutaneous bilirubinometry in predicting serum bilirubin levels in neonates. Completed. Pearl Mary Varughese, Dr Peter Prasanth Kumar, Dr Lalitha Krishnan.
- Association of mesenteric adenitis and abdominal pain in children from 5-14 years-a case control study. Completed. Dr Binchu Kurian, Dr Peter Prasanth
- To study the association between maternal breast milk sodium & early neonatal morbidity. Completed. Dr Mary Veena, Dr Lalitha Krishnan.
- Feeding Practises and Nutritional status of 1-2 year olds presenting to outpatient Department of a Tertiary Care Hospital. Completed. Dr Shakti Abhirami, Dr Lalitha Krishnan, Dr Majeti Srinivasa Rao
- Influence of Maternal Factors on cord blood lipid profile, a birth cohort study from a tertiary care hospital. Completed. Dr Nita Mariam Abraham, Dr Lalitha Krishnan.
- Serum zinc levels in children presenting with febrile seizures: a prospective case control study. Completed.Dr Janani Arul, Dr Peter Prasanth
- Cord blood and maternal serum anti-A and anti-B IgG antibody levels as a predictor of significant hyperbilirubinemia in newborn. Completed. Dr. Pramod,Dr Lalitha Krishnan
- Factors affecting exclusive breast feeding among working and non-working mothers. Completed. Dr. Kalaivani, Dr. M Srinivasa Rao.
- Aerobic fitness in Indian children aged 10 to15 yrs and its determinants. Completed. Dr.S.Balaji, Dr. Peter Prasanth.
- Cord blood albumin as a predictor for significant neonatal jaundice. In process. Dr Jaya Madhav Reddy, Dr Lalitha Krishnan
- Clinico-demographic profile of febrile seizures. In Process. Dr Jamuna, Dr Majeti Srinivasa Rao
- Association of anthropometric indicators and blood pressure between 8-12 years. In process. Dr Manimegalai, Dr Peter Prasanth
ICMR STS PROJECTS
- Relation between infant feeding and infections during first 6 months of ages. S. Balaji, S. Pushparani.
- Girl- In a child’s perspective,
- Priya Ann Varghese, Peter Prasanth Kumar
- Prescription audit in the management of diarrhea.
- Andrew, Shujaath Asif
- Knowledge, Attitude, practise study on childhood vaccination.
- Nilesh Rao
- Correlation of maternal BMI with baby’s birth weight.
- Pratap, ChaayaCalton
- The impact of sleep and eating habits on the anthropometry of the child. Vijaya Varman, Peter Prasanth Kumar
- Missed opportunities for immunization in a tertiary care hospital. Govardhanan, Shujaath Asif
- Do fast paced cartoons have an impact on young child’s immediate motor executive function. VijayaVinodhini, Dr. Peter Prasanth, Dr. MC Mathew
- Real and perceived problems in early initiation of breastfeeding in a baby friendly hospital- Shalini, Dr.Lalitha Krishnan
Can a questionnaire- based developmental screening tool predict school readiness in kindergarten children? MinitaRegy, Guide name: Dr. Peter Prasanth Kumar. K
I wish I were a smart phone in the world of physically “Hyper-Present” but psychologically absent parents- Celestia Mathew, Dr. Peter Prasanth Kumar. K
A study on prevalence of depression among adolescents in Pondicherry. Srinidhi, Dr Peter Prasanth Kumar
Publications (last 3 years)
Krishnan L, Kommu PP, Thomas BJ, Akila B, Daniel M. Should delayed cord clamping be the standard of care in term low risk deliveries? A randomized controlled trial from a medical college hospital in South India. J Clin Neonatol2015;4:183-7
- Kumar P, Sanketh R, Krishnan L. Organophosporus compound poisoning in newborn. Indian J Child Health. 2015; 2(2):91-93..
- Peter R, Krishnan L, Anandraj V, Kuruvila S. Chikungunya in a newborn. J Clin Neonatol2015;4:145-6
Letter to the editor
1.Anjaly Koshy, Lalitha Krishnan. Cholera in a neonate: the curse continues. Indian J Child Health. 2015;2:147.
1. Priya Jose, Peter Prasanth Kumar Kommu, Lalitha Krishnan, Nair MNG. Nebulized hypertonic saline for wheeze in children-randomized double blind control trial. Indian J Chest Dis Allied Sci 2016;58:237-240
1.Karthiga V, Kommu PP, Krishnan L. Perinatal chikungunya in twins. J PediatrNeurosci 2016; 11:223-4
Letter to editor
Krishnan L. Author’s reply. J Clin Neonatol2016;5:70
- Sunita Jeypal, Peter Prasanth Kumar Kommu, Manikandan, M. Krishnan L. Performance of two different pulse oximeters in neonatal transition. Indian J Pediatr 2017;84(1):7-12
- Minita Maria Regy, Peter Prasanth Kumar, Alice Kisku, Lalitha Krishnan. Prediction of Kindergarten readiness Using a Questionnaire based Screening tool. International Journal of Indian Psychology 2017;5(1)49-55.
- Nishanth Rajan, Peter Prasanth Kumar Kommu, Lalitha Krishnan, Manikandan Mani. Significant Hyperbilirubinemia, in Near-term and TermNewborn: A case control study.J Clin Neonatol 2017;6:220-4
- Priya Jose, Jenifer Vani, Peter Prasanth KumarKommu, Satish KorahKuruvila, Lalitha Krishnan. Is head to chest circumference ratio a better detector of macrosomia in infants of diabetic mothers as compared to birth weight >4000g? Int J ContempPediatr2017;4:2120-2125.
- Sanketh, Peter Prasanth Kumar Kommu, Susan Solomon, Lalitha Krishnan, Saravanan S, Ravichandran K. The effect of cartoon on the immediate motor executive function of 4-6 year children. Int J ContempPediatr2017;4:1648-51
- Pearl Mary Varughese, Peter Prasanth Kumar Kommu, Ravichandran K, Lalitha Krishnan. Validity of transcutaneous bilirubin in the first few days of life. Indian J Child Health 2017;4:549-553.
- Daniel Jayaraj, Poornima Kumar, Peter Prasanth Kumar Kommu, Lalitha Krishnan. Significant weight loss and hypernatremia in exclusively breast-fed neonates. Int J Contemp Ped 2017;5:151-55
- Pinapala A, Garg M, Kamath N, Iyengar A. Clinical and genetic profile of Indian children with primary hyperoxaluria. Indian J Nephrol2017;27:222-4
- Garg M, Rajan N, Dhua A, Krishnan L. Malpositioned central line in a neonate presenting as superficial abdominal abscess.JNeonat Surg. 2017;6:24
Letter to editor
- Pearl Mary Varughese, Nishanth Rajan, Manikandan Mani, Lalitha Krishnan. Race Specific Nomograms: time for change? Int J ContempPediatr2018;5:420-426.
- Poornima Kumar, Peter Prasanth Kumar, Mary Daniel, Lalitha Krishnan. The Tiny Tricksters: Differences between Late Preterm and Term Neonates. Indian Journal of Maternal-Fetal and Neonatal Medicine 2018;5:43-50
- Peter Prasanth Kumar Kommu, Soumendra Sahoo, Anil Kapoor, Anu Sharma, Vimala Thomas. Impact of spaced learning initiative in an undergraduate student teaching program in paediatrics. J Curr Res Sci Med 2018 ;4:37-41
- Nita Mariam Abraham, Satish Korah Kuruvilla, S Manikandan, Lalitha Krishnan. Association of cord blood and maternal lipid profiles. Indian Journal of Child Health. 2018;5:465-468.
- Manasi D. Garg, Poornima Kumar, Sakthi Abirami, Manikandan M., Lalitha Krishnan. Perinatal variables influencing cord blood thyroid stimulating hormone Int J ContempPediatr2018;5:1537-1541
- AnithaAbimannane, Ramachandran Rameshkumar, Ponnarmeni Satheesh and Subramanian Mahadevan. Second Dose of Scorpion Antivenom in Children with Indian Red Scorpion (Mesobuthustamulus) Sting Envenomation Ind Pediatr2018;55:315-318